Everyone's addicted to it.
You can't go anywhere without seeing it.
And love it or hate it…
It's here to stay.
What am I referring to?
Social media, of course!
It's no secret that people are buried in their phones on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc., while they’re stopped at a light, at the park with their kids, at dinner, in the waiting room at the dentist, even while driving down the road!
Social media is the modern obsession
People are utterly consumed with documenting their lives and posting “selfies” and opinions all over social media, every single hour of every single day.
Now, if all of this makes you cringe…
Believe me, I’m right there with you.
Personally, I’d rather be outside hanging with friends and family, than constantly connected to social media.
However, as a business owner…
I see social media sites for what they are…
And here's the thing…
The best business owners learn to market where their prospect’s eyes are…
And today, your prospect's eyes are all over social media!
Social media can be one of the best ways to build a loyal following and create new streams of income for your business.
So when you’re starting to build your network marketing business and brand on social media, what’s the best way to build a loyal following, and more importantly, how do you make money from social media sites?
Well, it all starts with your primary focus…
Which Came First?
Have you ever heard the question…
“Which came first: the chicken or the egg?”
Well, when it comes to social media, the question is more like…
“Which came first: advertising and monetization or building a following?”
Most marketers get this wrong.
They focus first on how to advertise effectively and monetize social media.
In my opinion (based on what’s worked best for our business), your primary focus should be on…
Building a fan base and engaging your fans with value.
It’s called social media for a reason…
People want to socialize!
And they don’t want to feel like they are constantly being marketed to, even if you ARE constantly trying to build your network marketing business.
There are definitely ways to monetize what you do on social media, and we’ll talk about that later.
But first, you need to learn how to engage effectively to create raving fans AND raving customers for the long term.
Ready to dive in?
My Top 6 Favorite Ways to Create More Engagement on Social Media
Okay, without further adieu, here are the most effective types of social media posts…
Human beings are egocentric.
Sorry if that sounds mean, but it's true.
We like to talk about ourselves and share our thoughts on certain topics.
So when you allow your fans a way to share their thoughts and opinions, they instantly feel connected and important to you.
Some sample questions and sentence starters are:
- What do you think is the #1 thing most business owners struggle with?
- In your opinion, what makes a business successful?
- What’s your favorite way to consume content online? Video, audio, article, other?
- How can I help you?
- Which blog post would help you more: how to close sales over the phone or how to close sales using email?
Here's an example where I'm asking for feedback from my fans…
With all the negativity and fear we’re surrounded by in the news, bringing a ray of sunshine and inspiration to your fans will be more than welcome.
You can share your inspiration through:
- Motivational images
- Motivational quotes from leaders
- Inspiring videos (share your own, or share those of someone who inspires you like Les Brown, Eric Thomas, or TED Talks)
- Inspiring audio
Here's an example of an inspirational quote…
While building your brand (especially if you’re branding yourself as a public figure), nothing is more important than authentically putting yourself out there so your fans can relate to you.
Some of my favorite ways include sharing:
- Struggles and failures
- What motivates you
- Stories of triumph
- Story about when you were at rock bottom
- Challenges you still face and how you overcome them
Here's an example of me talking about my initial struggles with the “how much are you making?” objection…
Everyone needs a little tough love—every once in a while.
Just make sure what you’re sharing relates to your followers’ needs.
(i.e. if your business doesn’t revolve around politics, save those opinions for your family/friends, unless you can relate them to your business.)
“Tough Love” posts will always tick off a few fans, but they can also create stronger bonds with your truly loyal fans:
- Share your opinions
- Give tough love feedback
- Offer soapbox moments/rants
Here's an example of me sharing a rather hard question we all need to ask ourselves…
These posts are a great way to give your fans free rein to express how they feel, have some fun, and help you get to know them better!
- I’m feeling ______________
- ______________ inspires me
- I want to learn more about _______________ for my business
- Time freedom means _____________
- The first thing I do to kick off my morning is ______________
Social media is all about being social!
This is hands down the most important aspect of creating engagement with your fans.
If you don’t tell them what to do next (your call to action), they won’t DO anything!
If you’re asking your fans to engage on your page, make sure you interact with them and respond to their comments.
Interaction is what helps you build rapport and create close relationships, which are so crucial when you want to start monetizing in order to build your network marketing business.
Some effective calls to action include:
- Comment below with your thoughts
- Tag your friends or your team if you got value from this
- Share this with your friends
- Like this post if you agree
- Click this link to check out my latest blog post
- Comment below with a “YES” if you agree
- What’s your favorite way to _________? Comment below with your answer
Here's an example featuring a call to action to check out one of my blog posts:
Okay, those are the six most effective types of social media posts!
Now, here are…
A few things to keep in mind moving forward…
Building a loyal fan base for your business is a long-term process if you're aiming to build your network marketing business.
So don’t expect that your engagement will just suddenly appear out of nowhere.
But as long as you’re consistently posting value daily on your chosen social media platform…
Engagement will come with time.
What’s cool is to think of all the responses you get on social media from your fans as marketing data.
You’ll learn quickly about your fans’ pains and struggles, their strengths and weaknesses, and how they like to consume content.
This is really where social media transforms itself into a goldmine for your business…
Because your prospects are telling you exactly what they need to hear before they'll become your customer.
With that said, though…
Engagement alone doesn’t pay the bills!
Now, don't get me wrong…
Engagement is 100% necessary to a winning social media strategy.
No question about that.
But it's not the ONLY aspect of making effective use of social media for your business.
To fully utilize the types of posts you saw above, you'll also need to…
- Run a “Likes” campaign to consistently grow your audience
- Make frequent use of the “Call to Action” update, directing your viewers to a conversion-optimized post on your blog (much like my example above)
- “Retarget” everyone who watches your video or clicks with your blog’s opt-in offer to build your list
Then just rinse and repeat!
This 3-step strategy is exactly how my husband Andrew and I generated over 75,000 leads and earned $850,281 online over the past two-and-a-half years.
I tell you this not to brag…
But to let you know what's possible using the goldmine that is social media.
Now, are you ready to implement this 3-step strategy for yourself?
Well, you're in luck!
Because if you'd like a point-for-point tutorial on how to get started with just $10 and 10 minutes per day…
Then check out this 100% FREE traffic workshop, hosted by none other than my good friend Tim Erway, CEO and co-founder of Elite Marketing Pro.
Tim reveals the exact formula he used to turn a single $10 test campaign into $141,246.30 in sales.
All using a simple blog post, social media, and a little bit of simple human psychology.
It even works if you're camera-shy!
So if you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for?
Super Affiliate & Traffic Consultant
Elite Marketing Pro
Latest posts by Kate McShea (see all)
- The “7-Second Hook Formula” to Capture Your Audience's Attention and Get Them to Take Action—in Seven Seconds or Less! - November 21, 2018
- Three Critical Elements of Effectively Introducing Your Network Marketing Presentation Online - October 24, 2018
- Social Media for Network Marketing: Should You Use Your Facebook Profile, Pages, or Groups? - October 26, 2017